Let’s make this for dinner tonight. It’s Black Bean Quinoa.
It actually tastes really good! On top of that, it’s pretty rich in nutrients. Quinoa is a complete protein and you get more from the black beans. Plus, you get fiber from the black beans. Females need 25 grams of fiber a day while males need 38 grams of fiber a day. One needs 14 grams of fiber for every 1,000 calories eaten per day. Most Americans consume 12-18 grams each today, half the recommended amount. This recipe is a delicious way to sneak it in.
Here’ the recipe.
- 1 cup dried quinoa, cooked
- 1 can black beans (low sodium preferred, or you can cook your own black beans and use 3 cups of it)
- 1 cup homemade salsa (or from the store. Look for ones low in sodium and with simple ingredients)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- If you haven’t already, cook the quinoa. You can use low sodium vegetable broth to cook the quinoa to give it more flavor. You can also use a homemade broth of your choice. You’ll need 2 cups of it to cook the 1 cup of dried quinoa.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Add it in with the quinoa as it is cooking.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, take out the black bean/quinoa and pour into a bowl.
- Mix in the salsa
- Enjoy! Top it off with some shredded cheese.
I hope you guys like this recipe! It’s one of my favorites. It’s also quick and easy to make.
Do you like quinoa?
How do you usually cook/eat quinoa?