I love mall shopping. Trying on clothes, looking at new make-up, and all of that glamorous stuff. It’s awesome.
After walking and shopping all day, I usually feel like going to the food court and buy a snack. After all, I get tired after running around the mall all day. My favorite mall food would have to be a cinnamon sugar pretzel.
Yet, I don’t like all the refined carbohydrates and sugar it has! So, I decided to make my own pretzels. They’re so easy to make!
Here’s the recipe.
Servings: 18 mini donuts
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 3 tablespoon melted unsalted butter (can use non-hydrogenated margarine or coconut oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, activate the yeast. Mix together the warm water and honey. Add in the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the dough ingredients. Once it all comes together, cover it with and let it rise for an hour.
- Once the dough is done rising, punch it down. Separate into 18 pieces and roll them out into long ropes. Make sure that it can fit into your mini pretzel maker.
- Heat up the mini pretzel maker. Spray with non-stick spray. Then, place the dough into the pretzel maker. Cover and let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- As the pretzels are cooking, melt the butter. In another container, mix together the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Once the pretzels are done cooking, dip the pretzel into the butter. Let excess butter drip and then cover it with cinnamon sugar.