I have a delicious salad recipe for you guys today.
It’s a Black Bean & Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. It tastes so good! I do warn you. Be careful when cutting the onions or the cilantro. I do not know which one but one of them made my eyes burn. I think it may have been the onions but the cilantro had a strong smell too. Either way, it was delicious and I will definitely make it again.
- 1 cup dried black beans, cooked
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup dry)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- If you haven’t already, cook the quinoa and the black beans. Mix it together. Add in the pepper and onions.
- In another bowl, mix together the cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and cumin.
- Mix it into the quinoa mixture.
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
I have been busy with school lately. I am loving all of my classes so far. It is a lot of reading. However, it is very interesting reading. I am taking GE classes this semester since all of the nutrition classes I tried adding were full. It happens and that’s okay. GE is also important to take. One of my classes I am taking right now is for my Spanish Minor. The other classes I am taking are very cultural.
I guess that’s it for now. I hope you guys enjoy the salad!
Do you like salads?
Have you tried quinoa before?
-If not, I think you’ll enjoy this recipe anyway. Give it a try!