I baked this delicious banana bread on Saturday.
It’s delicious! I think that I’ve said that a million times already. I’m posting the recipe because I have had requests for the recipe! And, guess what. This bread is almost healthy. I say that because I used honey to sweeten the bread. I didn’t use regular sugar. Either way, the use of sugar or sweeteners is “empty calories” and it’s best to limit the consumption of empty calories.
Anyway, If you want to make it vegan, substitute the honey for agave!
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk (I used soy milk)
- 1/2 cup honey (you can use agave if you want to make it vegan)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- a dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, oats, baking power, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the bananas, oil, milk, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased bread pan. Place some chocolate chips on top to make it look nice and fancy.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Take out, let it cool, slice into pieces, and enjoy! I’ll be enjoying this with peanut butter.
You can use less chocolate chips if you want. Or you can add more. It depends on your taste.
Do you like bananas?
What’s your favorite breakfast treat?