Guess what I made during the weekend.
Yep. You are right. I baked gluten free chocolate chip cookies. I think the name of the post gave it away. I baked them for a huge family gathering on Saturday. It made 35 cookies and they were all gone by the end of the night. Well, two of my cousins ate 5 cookies. The others ate around 2 – 3. Whoops.
I have tried gluten free cookies before but I was always turned off by its gritty texture. It really depends on what ingredients you use to make the cookies. I am happy to say that these cookies are 100% whole grain. It does have sugar in it but these cookies use a lot less sugar. Did I mention that no butter is used in this?
So, here is the recipe to the cookies. Enjoy!
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (make sure they are gluten free)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- chocolate chip cookies (as much as you want)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar (sometimes, I use 1 cup instead)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, “cream” together the sugars and oil.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, oats, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop 2 tablespoon size dough on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Take it out, let it cool, and enjoy!
Let me know what you guys think of these cookies. I know my family liked them. I actually saved a few for my friend to try. He said they were good too.
How was your weekend?
What are your thoughts on gluten free baked goods?