I am so not creative when it comes to naming my creations. I just name it how it is. And, this is a steamed banana bread. It also has peanut butter in it! I posted this picture on instagram a few days ago. @hevilhelen
Doesn’t it look delicious? I know that it looks a little weird. But, it is steamed!
I steamed this bread a couple days ago and it is so good! The bread is dense, I have to warn you. I know some people like it fluffy. However, I love dense banana bread. I guess I am just weird like that. Anyway, the only flour used is brown rice flour. It makes this bread whole grain! It is also vegan. Maybe I should add that to the name too!
Here’s the recipe.
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup soymilk
- 3/4 cup sugar (can use less if wanted)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- “Cream” the peanut butter and the sugar together.
- Mix in the bananas and milk.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder
- Pour the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into bread pan.
Steam for 40 to 50 minutes. *