¡Buenos días! ¿Cómo están ustedes? Estoy bien. So, why did I start speaking Español? Well, it is because I am introducing you guys to chia seeds, which is grown in Latin America. Here are some great articles written by Registered Dietitians, talking about chia seeds.
Chia seeds has so many health benefits, some of which include:
- Great source of Omega- 3 Fatty Acids
- 10 grams of fiber per ounce (2 tablespoons)
- Has protein
- Has minerals such as: iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
I made pancakes with these chia seeds. It’d be great for breakfast. Here’s the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Mix in the chia seeds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. The mixture gets a little thick.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup for each pancake. If you like smaller pancakes, use 2 tablespoons.
- Wait until it bubbles form and then flip the pancake. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
This makes around 8 pancakes if you use 1/4 cup. The pancakes are really filling!
By the way, I attended a cooking demo yesterday and it was awesome! We made Zucchini Brownies and Asparagus Risotto. It was so good! After I recreate it at home, I’ll share the recipe with you guys.
What is your favorite breakfast food?
Have you tried chia seeds before?