Happy Tuesday everyone. How are you guys doing today?
I have this awesome recipe for you. It is Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies. I adapted the recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie’s Healthy Chocolate Chip Blondies. You won’t believe that it has chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in them. The only thing I did different was make these into cookies instead of bars. They are so good! My little brother even likes them.
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- chocolate chips (add as much as you want)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, add in the chickpeas. Process for about 1 minute. Then, add in the rest of the ingredient (except the chocolate chips) and process until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough/batter onto a greased cookie pan. It should make about 11-12 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Take it out, let it cool, and enjoy!
That’s it for now. I’m on Spring Break and I’m definitely staying home and relaxing. I do have volunteering but other than that, I’ll be at home, relaxing, and doing homework! Professors don’t seem to get the idea of Spring Break.
By the way, did you guys watch yesterday’s Switched At Birth episode? All I can say is “WOW.”
Have you tried making desserts from beans?
– I love red bean paste and these chickpea cookies.