- Early morning run &
- Eating a muffin along with drinking a cup of coffee
I feel more productive that way. Early morning runs keep me energized and I just love eating sweets after a run. I guess it is because I use up all of my stored glycogen from running and during the night while I am sleeping! I need the glucose in my blood for my brain to work! That is why these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Chia Seed Muffins with Chocolate Chips are perfect. They have all the carbohydrates (glucose) I need to refuel my body after a good run. Plus, they are delicious.
Wait, did I mention that these muffins are vegan too? Well, I guess I just did! Here’s the recipe.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (I used vanilla soymilk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- chocolate chips (can use vegan ones if you want to make them vegan. You can use as much as you want)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter and sugar. Mix in the bananas.
- Stir in the chia seeds with the milk. Then, add it to the sugar/banana mixture.
- In another bowl, sift together the brown rice flour and baking powder.
- Pour the dry ingredients INTO the wet ingredients, slowly mixing.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins. If you are making mini muffins, bake for 10-15 minutes. If you are making regular size muffins, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take them out, let them cool for a little bit, and enjoy!
I hope you guys enjoy these muffins! They are quite simple to make. I eat them as part of breakfast or as a snack.
Are you a morning person?
– I am. I wake up early to workout.
Do you like muffins?
Muffins are my favorite!