Hey hey everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing great, thank you very much. I have been so busy lately and I have been neglecting my blog. I will have things updated. Don’t worry!
Anyway, I decided to make black bean brownies the other day (as in, a couple weeks ago). I tried black bean brownies once because a friend of mine made some. So, I decided to make my own. Here’s how it turned out.
Not bad, right? It tasted pretty good too. Here’s the recipe!
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips, walnuts, or whatever you want on the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take them out, let them cool, and enjoy!
Now, you have a delicious dessert that is high in fiber and protein!
Do you like brownies?
Have you ever used beans in desserts? – I love chickpea cookies!