Gosh darnit. I have a TERRIBLE memory, apparently. Yesterday, I said that I hadn’t posted the black bean brownie recipe. I thought I hadn’t since I was scrolling through posts during the summer and I guess I missed the actual post of the recipe. I did read that something that I was going to post that recipe though.
So, technically speaking, I am NOT behind on the posts on the recipes I’ve made. Instead, I just didn’t post this double chocolate biscotti I made in November and the whole wheat chocolate chip cookies (which will be in a different post).
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and the vanilla.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, making sure all dry ingredients are incorporated before adding more. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a 12 x 4 inch log and place on a well greased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut loaf into 3/4 inch slices and place back on baking sheet, cut side down. Bake again for 5 minutes then turn cookies over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool. I like my biscotti kind of soft. I’m not the big fan of the ones that break your teeth when you bite into them. If you like them harder, so that you can dip it into coffee, bake each side for 8 minutes.