Happy New Year everyone! It’s 2018. And I can’t believe it’s almost February. I am so sorry that I haven’t posted in more than a month. Things have been so crazy during the holidays. My sister, who goes to school in SoCal, came back home during her winter break. I spent a lot of time with friends and family. It was just nice to relax and enjoy their company. Another reason why I haven’t been posting is because I got sick after the New Year. No fun. I didn’t work out for two weeks because of it. Not a good way to start the New Year. Plus, I’ve been busy.
Anyway, I’ll start off with a picture of me in Napa. My family went to Napa during the holidays. We also did a lot of other things but that will be in another post, as well as my workouts the past month. For now, this post is about what I want for the New Year.
So, I don’t have New Years Resolutions but I do have things I want to improve on and goals. Here they are:
- Do a five minute ab workout either in the morning or right before going to bed
- Doing a full pull-up, with no assistance
- Getting stronger
- Start running more (at least 2-3 times a week)
- Do yoga once a week
- Lose weight. Mainly, I want a body type similar to Shakira, since we are the same height. I know it’s impossible to have the same body type as her, but I do want to slim down and tone up more.
- Be more organized! I want to use my time better, so that means:
- Using my planner
- Having alarms on my phone for various things
- Using the calendar app on my phone to remember events
- Keep my bedroom and work area at work more organized (aka declutter and organize)
- Blog three times a week
- Fitness Friday
- Weekly Meals and Workouts
- Health/Nutrition Topic or Life Post (I think this is what I mainly need to work on, having posts other than Fitness Friday or Weekly Meals and Workouts)
- Budget – I mean, I do pretty well with saving money but what I mainly need help with is just not eating out so much (that’s where like half of my money I use goes to)
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Spend more time with music – playing cello and singing
- Read more – I bought a few self help books on Amazon earlier this month. I should starting reading those soon….
- Be more optimistic – look at the glass half full, not half empty
- Improve my Spanish speaking skills (take a class at a community college?)
That’s all I can really think of right now. I’m pretty sure I will think of other things but I think this is a good list to start out with.
So, how was your new year?
What is one thing you want to improve on most this year?