Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. It’s been a very busy weekend and I finally have some time to type up a post. My sister came to visit and I’ve been busy with family.
Anyway, here were my workouts the past week.
My workouts were pretty simple and I really do need to start mixing things up.
In other news, I want to start some sort of cell phone detox challenge. You’d be surprised how much time you spend on your phone, whether it’s texting or checking your social media accounts (Instagram, SnapChat, etc.). I really want to do something more productive in my life than just laying in bed and looking at other people’s lives.
Here is my plan on how to do this:
- Designate a time to check e-mails and social media accounts.
- Blog Posts – take no more than half an hour at a time to work on one. If I need more time, I’ll work on it the next day. My goal is to have three posts a week: Fitness Friday, Weekly Meals and Workouts, and a nutrition/health post. Once in a while, I’d throw in a personal post. However, I haven’t been consistent with any posting. I want to improve that.
- Check my social media accounts no more than once an hour (yes, it’s sad that I check multiple times a day).
- Occupy my time with doing something productive, which could include:
- Improve my cello playing skills OR learn to play the guitar once I buy one (no more than 30 minutes at a time)
- Study for the GRE (30 minutes a day)
- Improve my Spanish (30 minutes a day; audiobooks?)
- Include some yoga stretching/ab exercises into my routine
- Stay off your phone while you’re eating dinner or while you’re spending time with people. It is one thing to grab your phone quickly to show your friend/family member something but don’t start texting other people/posting and ignoring the person you’re with.
- Turn off your alerts/notifications on your phone.
- No phone usage an hour before bedtime (however, you can call family members/loved ones to say good night).
Well, the main thing is that I want to spend less time on my phone scrolling through social media and start doing something with my free time. You’d be surprised how much time you are spending on your phone. There are apps out there that can help track your phone usage and I think it would be a great idea to try it out for a week and see how much you’re actually using your phone. For me, I already know I am on my phone a lot.
Well, that’s it for now!
How often are you on your phone or on social media?
How were your workouts this week?