Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. Remember that I did hot yoga yesterday? Well, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m sore from that yoga class! I’m surprised but not surprised at the same time. Even though I do lift weights, yoga works different muscle groups that I haven’t worked in such a long time. I haven’t done yoga regularly in years, even though I do yoga stretches after my workouts. I am thinking about incorporating yoga more into my routine as I do feel the benefits of it.
Anyway, before I get more into that, here is my plan for the week.
Sunday – PIIT
Monday – 30 min elliptical + weights
Tuesday – 5 k run + weights
Wednesday – 30 min elliptical + weights
Thursday – rest
Friday – intervals on treadmill + weights
Saturday – PIIT
I plan on waking up 30 minutes earlier in the morning so that I can do a yoga video at least 3 times a week. I feel like it would be a good morning routine. But, to do that, I would have to go to bed earlier the night before.
We will see how it goes but I do believe in the benefits of doing yoga!
What’s your plan for the week?
Happy Saturday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. I had a great Saturday. I did hot yoga with a couple of friends (omg, it was hard! I haven’t gone to a yoga class in years though I do my own yoga stretches at home), and we went to the Farmer’s Market. It was fun and great to catch up.
Anyway, I always post this late. I don’t know when I’ve actually ever posted a Fitness Friday post on a Friday. Here it is!
So, yes, my workouts look a little different from the usual that I have been doing. I think it’s a good thing to switch things up. I am so happy I took the yoga class with my friends. It made me realize that I should do it again more often, even if it’s just doing a YouTube yoga video. Yoga is good for you as, as so is strength training and cardio. I also want to get back into running more, so we’ll see how it goes.
Well, that’s it for now!
How were your workouts this week?
Do you like yoga?
It’s Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. I had a very busy weekend. I’m sorry I haven’t been posting. I really do want to do more health/nutrition posts.
Anyway, I went to watch a Sacramento King’s basketball game Friday night and they won. Yay! On Saturday, I finally watched the movie A Star is Born. And, omg. You HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!! I was never a Lady Gaga fan. But after watching this movie, I am! She was amazing! And so was Bradley Cooper! Who knew that Lady Gaga can act and that Bradley Cooper can sing! I loved all the songs! I was totally surprised with the beginning. Black Eyes, the song, was amazing. He did it live! All of their songs were performed live in the movie, which is amazing! As you can tell, I loved the movie and the music. It’s a must see! And the today, I went hiking with the novio. Yea, I had a busy packed weekend!
So, here were my workouts last week.
So, that’s it for now!
Do you like hiking?
Have you watched A Star is Born? If not, you have to!
Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. It’s been a very busy weekend and I finally have some time to type up a post. My sister came to visit and I’ve been busy with family.
Anyway, here were my workouts the past week.
My workouts were pretty simple and I really do need to start mixing things up.
In other news, I want to start some sort of cell phone detox challenge. You’d be surprised how much time you spend on your phone, whether it’s texting or checking your social media accounts (Instagram, SnapChat, etc.). I really want to do something more productive in my life than just laying in bed and looking at other people’s lives.
Here is my plan on how to do this:
- Designate a time to check e-mails and social media accounts.
- Blog Posts – take no more than half an hour at a time to work on one. If I need more time, I’ll work on it the next day. My goal is to have three posts a week: Fitness Friday, Weekly Meals and Workouts, and a nutrition/health post. Once in a while, I’d throw in a personal post. However, I haven’t been consistent with any posting. I want to improve that.
- Check my social media accounts no more than once an hour (yes, it’s sad that I check multiple times a day).
- Occupy my time with doing something productive, which could include:
- Improve my cello playing skills OR learn to play the guitar once I buy one (no more than 30 minutes at a time)
- Study for the GRE (30 minutes a day)
- Improve my Spanish (30 minutes a day; audiobooks?)
- Include some yoga stretching/ab exercises into my routine
- Stay off your phone while you’re eating dinner or while you’re spending time with people. It is one thing to grab your phone quickly to show your friend/family member something but don’t start texting other people/posting and ignoring the person you’re with.
- Turn off your alerts/notifications on your phone.
- No phone usage an hour before bedtime (however, you can call family members/loved ones to say good night).
Well, the main thing is that I want to spend less time on my phone scrolling through social media and start doing something with my free time. You’d be surprised how much time you are spending on your phone. There are apps out there that can help track your phone usage and I think it would be a great idea to try it out for a week and see how much you’re actually using your phone. For me, I already know I am on my phone a lot.
Well, that’s it for now!
How often are you on your phone or on social media?
How were your workouts this week?
Well, it’s that time of year again! With all the food, traveling, parties, and everything fun that comes with the holidays, it can be difficult to keep up with eating healthy and exercising. Here are a few tips on how to stay healthy during the holiday season!
- Make time for physical activity. Whether it’s taking a family walk around the park or fitting in a half hour workout in the morning before preparing for that Thanksgiving dinner, it’s always good to get some physical activity in! It doesn’t have to be anything fancy and you don’t have to hit the gym to get in a workout. The important thing is to make exercise a priority, regardless of what it is, or you may forget it altogether.
- HYDRATE. Drinking water is so important. Your body needs water! It can be really difficult to drink water when there are other drinks available, such as alcohol, soda, juice, etc. It’s also hard when you’re traveling, as you may have less access to water when you’re on the road. Travel with a water bottle! Remember to empty the water before going through TSA. You can always refill your water bottle at a water fountain after passing through TSA.
- Have good hygiene! This is something that is sometimes overlooked but nothing ruins the holidays than getting sick. It makes the holidays much less enjoyable, especially if you miss out on a party just because you weren’t feeling well. Wash your hands, have hand sanitizer with you, bundle up appropriately, etc.
- Indulge but don’t indulge too much. This means watch your portions of the delicious food you’re eating. Enjoy the food. There’s always a lot of food during the holidays. People bring in cookies, candy, etc to the office and there’s plenty of food at parties. However, it’s not a free-for-all to eat huge portions of everything. If anything, choose specific foods you want to indulge in, such as your grandma’s favorite pecan pie or that delicious pot roast that your aunt makes for Christmas every year. You don’t eat this stuff normally and it’s okay to indulge and enjoy the occasion! Everything in moderation is the key.
- Eat slower and enjoy your food! This will make sure you don’t choke on your food. Choking hazard joke aside, savor your food and enjoy it. It takes a while for your stomach to register that you’re eating and starting to get full. Giving this more time to set in can prevent you from eating more than you intend to. Plus, you really get to enjoy the flavors of the meal you have and you get to catch up with friends and family you haven’t seen in a while since you’re eating slowly and enjoying time with them.
At the end, just enjoy the holidays and try not to stress about eating. After all, the most important thing is that you are spending time with your family and friends. Go ahead and indulge!
How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
What’s your favorite holiday treat?