Happy New Year everyone! I can’t believe it’s already 2019. I am sorry I have been MIA the past two month. I got busy and I got sick twice (no bueno!). I am hoping to start of the New Year with a good start. Fingers crossed!
I didn’t workout that much last month as I was sick. I feel so out of shape.
Anyway, I hope everyone had a great new year. I’m pretty sure a lot of you will have New Year’s Resolutions. I have New Years Goals and I feel like posting them here so that I can keep myself accountable. Here are mine. I’m posting this to keep me on track and to hold myself accountable.
- Run at least 2 x a week
- Do a full pull-up, unassisted
- Squat my weight
- Do yoga 2 x a week
- Do ab exercises 2 x a week (will probably do it along with yoga)
- Stretch at the end of each workout
- Eat out less (I eat out more than I should with the novio)
- Save money – I created a budget.
- Be more organized
- Dress better (buy one or new clothes items a month, maximum OR look through my closet and find ways to match things better)
- Spend more time with family and friends (getting more organized with my planner)
- Blog more often (3 x a week)
- Weekly Meals and Workouts
- Fitness Friday
- Health Post
- Any personal posts
- Find new hobbies
- Create a better bedtime routine and morning routine
I know this is a lot of stuff. But, I feel like I should write down what I do want to accomplish for this year.
Sorry that I haven’t been posting lately. I will get back into it again.
Do you have any New Years Resolutions or goals?
So, it’s that time of year again, the cold season. Yes, this means cold weather as well as the flu/cold season. For some people, it discourages them from working out since the conditions aren’t the most ideal. I know I’d rather stay in my warm bad for as long as I could in the morning. And after work, I’m eager to get inside my house and out of the elements. This makes the notion of leaving for the gym a daunting task. However, I still motivate myself to workout. Here are some tips.
- Exercise inside! This is pretty self-explanatory. You don’t have to join a gym to workout. There are workout videos and routines you can find online to do. You don’t even need weights to workout!
- Update your playlist! This goes with working out at home. You can be running on the treadmill at home or doing a workout routine while jamming to your favorite tunes. Music can be extremely beneficial for maintaining high spirits and a positive mindset. This can go a long way towards staying motivated and keeping consistent with your workouts.
- Lay out your workout clothes the night before! This is good advice in general when you workout, especially in the morning. You don’t want to be fumbling around for your workout clothes, especially when you’re tired or when every second counts since your mornings are so busy. Just be sure you do have the right clothes if you are going to be out in the cold.
- Have a workout buddy! Whether it be running outside or taking a Zumba class, it’s always great to have a buddy that can keep you accountable for working out. Plus, you can see it as a social occasion, which may motivate you even more to workout!
- Take before and after pictures! This may motivate you. Take a picture in the beginning of the cold season and then take one close to the end of it. Of course, you can take it weekly if you want but at least a before and after for the season. This includes tracking your weight and measurements!
- Take sports or learn something new! My sister hates the idea of going to the gym or going outside for a run. However, it’s important to remember that there are many fun things you can do to stay active like rock-climbing, hiking, or bike riding. While hiking or bike riding isn’t an indoor activity, you can try something like rock climbing at indoor facility or playing tennis or basketball on an indoor court. You can think creatively and have fun while still staying active.
You can’t change the cold weather. However, you are in control of how you react to it. While it’s fun to snuggle up in bed or on the couch with your hot chocolate, don’t forget how important it is to still get up and get moving!
It’s Saturday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. The smoke has been terrible here in Sacramento due to the Camp Fire in Butte County. Schools have even closed down due to the terrible air quality. Seriously, there were days where the smoke was just sitting there, like fog.
I’ve been trying to stay indoors for the most part and have been unable to walk outside during my breaks due to the poor air quality. I’m trying to stay indoors as much as I can.
Anyway, here were my workouts this week.
I only ran once this week and it was just intervals. I’m happy I am incorporating some running at least. I just hate running on the treadmill at the gym since I get so hot easily. There are times that I get so hot that I have to walk, even though I’m not technically tired. If the smoke wasn’t so bad outside, I’d try to run for a bit outside after work while there’s still light. Oh well.
I also haven’t been doing yoga as I would have liked to. I just like sleeping more in the morning. But I do know there are benefits to doing exercise in the morning. Especially if it’s yoga. It will help me wake up and feel energized for the day. I have alarms set to wake me up but I always click on “snooze”. I have to stop doing that!
Well, that’s it for now.
How were your workouts this week?
It’s Saturday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. It’s been a very busy week. Election Day, Birthday Dinners, Jesse McCartney concert, I’m so tired today. It was nice to sleep in a little bit today.
Anyway, before I get into anything else, here were my workouts this week.
So, I did run more this week. It’s a good thing. However, I haven’t been waking up early to do some yoga. I want to do it at least two times a week since I feel that yoga is good for the mind, body, and soul. Plus, I want to gain some flexibility again. LOL.
Well, that’s it for now.
How were your workouts this week?
Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. Remember that I did hot yoga yesterday? Well, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m sore from that yoga class! I’m surprised but not surprised at the same time. Even though I do lift weights, yoga works different muscle groups that I haven’t worked in such a long time. I haven’t done yoga regularly in years, even though I do yoga stretches after my workouts. I am thinking about incorporating yoga more into my routine as I do feel the benefits of it.
Anyway, before I get more into that, here is my plan for the week.
Sunday – PIIT
Monday – 30 min elliptical + weights
Tuesday – 5 k run + weights
Wednesday – 30 min elliptical + weights
Thursday – rest
Friday – intervals on treadmill + weights
Saturday – PIIT
I plan on waking up 30 minutes earlier in the morning so that I can do a yoga video at least 3 times a week. I feel like it would be a good morning routine. But, to do that, I would have to go to bed earlier the night before.
We will see how it goes but I do believe in the benefits of doing yoga!
What’s your plan for the week?