Hey hey everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing great, thank you very much. I have been so busy lately and I have been neglecting my blog. I will have things updated. Don’t worry!
Anyway, I decided to make black bean brownies the other day (as in, a couple weeks ago). I tried black bean brownies once because a friend of mine made some. So, I decided to make my own. Here’s how it turned out.
Not bad, right? It tasted pretty good too. Here’s the recipe!
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips, walnuts, or whatever you want on the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take them out, let them cool, and enjoy!
Now, you have a delicious dessert that is high in fiber and protein!
Do you like brownies?
Have you ever used beans in desserts? – I love chickpea cookies!
Let’s make this for dinner tonight. It’s Black Bean Quinoa.
It actually tastes really good! On top of that, it’s pretty rich in nutrients. Quinoa is a complete protein and you get more from the black beans. Plus, you get fiber from the black beans. Females need 25 grams of fiber a day while males need 38 grams of fiber a day. One needs 14 grams of fiber for every 1,000 calories eaten per day. Most Americans consume 12-18 grams each today, half the recommended amount. This recipe is a delicious way to sneak it in.
Here’ the recipe.
- 1 cup dried quinoa, cooked
- 1 can black beans (low sodium preferred, or you can cook your own black beans and use 3 cups of it)
- 1 cup homemade salsa (or from the store. Look for ones low in sodium and with simple ingredients)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- If you haven’t already, cook the quinoa. You can use low sodium vegetable broth to cook the quinoa to give it more flavor. You can also use a homemade broth of your choice. You’ll need 2 cups of it to cook the 1 cup of dried quinoa.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Add it in with the quinoa as it is cooking.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, take out the black bean/quinoa and pour into a bowl.
- Mix in the salsa
- Enjoy! Top it off with some shredded cheese.
I hope you guys like this recipe! It’s one of my favorites. It’s also quick and easy to make.
Do you like quinoa?
How do you usually cook/eat quinoa?