Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. I did not run today but I still worked out. I will be running tomorrow. Before I get more into the post, here is my plan for the week.
Hevil’s Healthy Devil – Meal Plan Template
My lunches will either be leftovers from dinner or I will be making some sort of pasta dish.
Sunday- 2 mile walk + Jillian Michael’s Extreme Shed and Shred
Monday- 5 mile run + abs
Tuesday- 4 mile run + strength
Wednesday- HIIT Yoga
Thursday- 3 mile run + strength
Friday- 4 mile intervals
Example of leftovers: teriyaki chicken (homemade teriyaki sauce), cauliflower, shrimp, rice
My breakfast burritos are so easy to make.
All you need are:
- a bag of spinach
- a bag of the Boca Ground Crumbles (you can use ground meat as well)
- Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (you can use as much as you want)
- 8-9 whole wheat tortillas
You’ll need two pans to cook this.
- Saute the spinach.
- In another nonstick pan, cook the Boca Crumbles. Add the seasoning. Once the crumbles are cooked all the way through, crack the eggs into the mixture and mix and let the eggs cook.
- Mix the egg mixture into the spinach. Mix in the cheese.
- Add a portion of the mixture onto a tortilla and roll it up into a burrito. Do it until you run out of the filling.
- Freeze at least half of the burritos. Take them out the night before to let them defrost and heat up before eating.
- I always add avocado and sirarcha/or salsa into the burrito after heating it up.
I know that it may not look that appetizing but it is really simple and delicious!
What is your plan for the week?
Do you like breakfast burritos?
It has been a long time since I posted a recipe. I will be posting more later one but today, I decided to post something sweet. I have not been into eating sweets for breakfast the past year or so but it is nice to eat sweet breakfast foods every once in a while.
So, I had a lot of bananas and some leftover greek yogurt I had to use up the other day.
That is why I decided to make the banana bread. It is delicious and my boyfriend says it’s good.
Not all ingredients are shown in the picture.
- 2- 1/4 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients with the sugars (oil, vanilla extract, yogurt, eggs).
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dark chocolate chips in.
- Grease a bread pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Add some chocolate chips on the top to make it look pretty.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Take out, let it cool, and enjoy!
Those are just a few pictures of the process of making the bread.
What’s your favorite way to eat/cook things with greek yogurt?
What dessert like breakfast foods do you like?
¡Buenos días! ¿Cómo están ustedes? Estoy bien. So, why did I start speaking Español? Well, it is because I am introducing you guys to chia seeds, which is grown in Latin America. Here are some great articles written by Registered Dietitians, talking about chia seeds.
Chia seeds has so many health benefits, some of which include:
- Great source of Omega- 3 Fatty Acids
- 10 grams of fiber per ounce (2 tablespoons)
- Has protein
- Has minerals such as: iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
I made pancakes with these chia seeds. It’d be great for breakfast. Here’s the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Mix in the chia seeds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. The mixture gets a little thick.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup for each pancake. If you like smaller pancakes, use 2 tablespoons.
- Wait until it bubbles form and then flip the pancake. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
This makes around 8 pancakes if you use 1/4 cup. The pancakes are really filling!
By the way, I attended a cooking demo yesterday and it was awesome! We made Zucchini Brownies and Asparagus Risotto. It was so good! After I recreate it at home, I’ll share the recipe with you guys.
What is your favorite breakfast food?
Have you tried chia seeds before?