Welcome. I hope the smell of these awesome cupcakes don’t distract you. It looks like a brownie cupcake, right?
These cupcakes are delicious! I made them the past weekend and no one can tell that it uses healthier ingredients.
My brother said that these are the best cupcakes I’ve ever made while his friend ate 3 of them. Whoops. There’s no butter, dairy, eggs, etc. Guess what. I used whole wheat pastry flour! Oh, the added fiber makes it a bit more filling.
Here’s the recipe to these amazing cupcakes. Shhh. Don’t say that they’re vegan.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, sift all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add in all the wet ingredients. Mix.
- Pour into cupcake liners. Fill about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. For me, it was done at 17 minutes.
On another note, my classes went well for the most part. Wish me luck on that. There’s a class I’m waitlisted for. Also, I am now a Sweat Pink Ambassador. I’m so happy to be part of the the SweatPink Team.
What do you think of vegan desserts?
Do you like making healthier version of desserts?