Well, it’s that time of year again! With all the food, traveling, parties, and everything fun that comes with the holidays, it can be difficult to keep up with eating healthy and exercising. Here are a few tips on how to stay healthy during the holiday season!
- Make time for physical activity. Whether it’s taking a family walk around the park or fitting in a half hour workout in the morning before preparing for that Thanksgiving dinner, it’s always good to get some physical activity in! It doesn’t have to be anything fancy and you don’t have to hit the gym to get in a workout. The important thing is to make exercise a priority, regardless of what it is, or you may forget it altogether.
- HYDRATE. Drinking water is so important. Your body needs water! It can be really difficult to drink water when there are other drinks available, such as alcohol, soda, juice, etc. It’s also hard when you’re traveling, as you may have less access to water when you’re on the road. Travel with a water bottle! Remember to empty the water before going through TSA. You can always refill your water bottle at a water fountain after passing through TSA.
- Have good hygiene! This is something that is sometimes overlooked but nothing ruins the holidays than getting sick. It makes the holidays much less enjoyable, especially if you miss out on a party just because you weren’t feeling well. Wash your hands, have hand sanitizer with you, bundle up appropriately, etc.
- Indulge but don’t indulge too much. This means watch your portions of the delicious food you’re eating. Enjoy the food. There’s always a lot of food during the holidays. People bring in cookies, candy, etc to the office and there’s plenty of food at parties. However, it’s not a free-for-all to eat huge portions of everything. If anything, choose specific foods you want to indulge in, such as your grandma’s favorite pecan pie or that delicious pot roast that your aunt makes for Christmas every year. You don’t eat this stuff normally and it’s okay to indulge and enjoy the occasion! Everything in moderation is the key.
- Eat slower and enjoy your food! This will make sure you don’t choke on your food. Choking hazard joke aside, savor your food and enjoy it. It takes a while for your stomach to register that you’re eating and starting to get full. Giving this more time to set in can prevent you from eating more than you intend to. Plus, you really get to enjoy the flavors of the meal you have and you get to catch up with friends and family you haven’t seen in a while since you’re eating slowly and enjoying time with them.
At the end, just enjoy the holidays and try not to stress about eating. After all, the most important thing is that you are spending time with your family and friends. Go ahead and indulge!
How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
What’s your favorite holiday treat?
Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. It’s been a crazy busy week and it was nice to finally relax for a bit this weekend.
Anyway, here were my workouts for the past two weeks.
I really need to start running more often. It’s nice to switch up the cardio once in a while and I think my body is getting used to the elliptical. I also didn’t workout that much this week due to being busy.
Anyway, last weekend, October 7, I ran the Urban Cow 5k with mi novio. It was cold and windy that morning. Well, it was cold because of the wind. It was a nice course throughout the park but branches kept falling off the trees. I was scared one would hit me.
I usually run the half marathon for this run but I didn’t train so I switched to the 5k. I am so happy that I did because it would have been really hard for me to complete it with the wind. Anyway, I started off running with the novio for about the first half mile. Then, I decided to go ahead on my own running pace since it felt too slow for me. I ended up running it in 29:32. Not too bad, considering I haven’t ran much (or at all) the past month. I really wanted to walk during at certain points during the run but I pushed myself to run/jog the entire time. I enjoyed some beer after the run. Yay for alcohol after the run. Just an FYI, although runs do supply alcohol, it will not help with your post-run recovery. You can head over to my Instagram to see my run pictures. 🙂
Well, that’s it for now!
How were your workouts the past couple weeks?
Happy Saturday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. This week has been a crazy week.
Anyway, here were my workouts the past two weeks.
As you guys can tell, I haven’t been running. I switched to the 5k, which is fine by me. I guess this year isn’t the year for me to run a half marathon. There is another run I could do for the half marathon but I think I’ll be sticking to 5ks or 10ks for a while.
That’s it for now.
How have your workouts been?
Happy Monday everyone. I’m so sorry for not posting for such a long time. It’s been a crazy few weeks. I went on a mini-vacation during Labor Day weekend to visit my sister in Southern California. We went to Disneyland, the 626 Night Market, the beach, etc. Then, that following Thursday, September 6, I went to San Jose with my cousin to watch Shakira, in concert. It was amazing! And of course, I got sick that Saturday. So, yes, I was sick all last week and couldn’t do much. I have so much to post about but first, I wanted to give an update on my workouts. Here they are!
So, that’s correct. I don’t workout when I’m sick. I believe in full rest when you’re sick. Allow time for your body to fight off the illness. I plan on working out again starting tomorrow. I will ease back into it.
Also, I probably won’t be doing the half marathon that I was supposed to be training for. I haven’t been running, so I don’t think it’s the best idea to run the half. I’ll probably switch to the 5k to get my money’s worth.
Well, that’s it for now. I will be posting about my SoCal Trip and the Shakira Concert in different posts.
How were your workouts?
Do you workout while on vacation? I sometimes do but if I can’t fit it in, it’s fine. I don’t stress about it.
Do you workout when you’re sick?
Happy Sunday everyone. How are you guys doing today? I’m doing alright, thank you very much. I joined a Dietbet challenge and it starts tomorrow. I am hoping it will motivate me to lose some weight. I’ll be fun trying to lose 4% of my body weight in four weeks.
I really need to start running more. I may end up not doing the half marathon and find a friend that will do the relay with me. I’ll see how I feel as it gets closer to the half marathon day. I have a friend is willing to join me in the relay if need be.
Well, that’s it for now. Wish me luck on the Diet Bet. As long as I lose some weight, I will be happy. I haven’t had much progress with weight loss and I am hoping this will motivate me.
How were your workouts the past week?
At this point, should I switch to the relay or stick to the half marathon?